Lash Care 101
Updated: Dec 4, 2019
We all know lash extensions are the biggest beauty must have right now. The perfect lash set is just the right touch on every day natural beauty and the ultimate finish for full on glam. But are you properly taking care of your lashes? It’s no secret that lash extensions applied by a certified lash technician can be a costly investment. So the last thing any glam girl wants is for her extensions to fall out prematurely. Here at The Glam Code, our goal is to provide you with the best lash set in the business and more importantly, educate our clients on how to maintain your lash extensions. To assist you in keeping your lashes luxe as long as possible, we will be sharing all the DO’s and DONT’s of proper lash maintenance.
1. KEEP THEM CLEAN! It is so important to clean your lashes EVERYDAY. Dirty lashes shed prematurely and oil build up can cause infections. Looking for the perfect cleaner? Oil-free cleansers can be purchased at The Glam Code on your first visit or during your routine lash fill.
2. NO MASCARA! There is no need for mascara. Zero. The beauty of lash extensions is that they provide the volume and glam of full on lashes without ever having to apply mascara.
3. Avoid water on the lashes for 24 hours. Now this tip is extremely important because the adhesive is still curing onto the natural lashes for the first complete day after your session. So stay away from water. Saunas, steam facials, and very hot showers, all of it. Keep those lashes dry!
4. Avoid oil-based products around the eye. Oil breaks down the adhesive causing the lashes to shed prematurely. Remember those oil-free cleansers? They are essential to your lash care and maintenance. Lashes are pricey so protect your investment.
5. And finally, to extend the life of your lashes schedule your fill with The Glam Code
every 2-3 weeks.
Enjoy your lash extensions!
Stay Glam, XOXO